Refreshing on a hot day, this Easy Pineapple Fluff recipe features citrus flavors and only takes 5 minutes to mix up.
Pineapple Fluff Recipe
Old fashioned fluff recipes like this Pineapple Fluff Salad our Marshmallow Salad and reminds you of a church meal or a side dish dessert that grandma loved to make.
This recipe is unique like our Lime Jello Salad because it may be served in squares with a spatula or spooned into dishes.
My husband loves this fluff salad served with maraschino cherries on top for a little more sweet flavor contrast to the mild citrus flavors that are featured.
I love that in under ten minutes this dessert salad is ready to share. Every so often I get invited to dinner with a friend last minute or we need a dish to share at a big gathering. This Pineapple Fluff is so simple and stress free.
What’s Needed to Make Old Fashioned Pineapple Fluff
- Whipped Topping – A large tub or two small tubs of Cool Whip make this recipe the fluffiest. You can use just one small tub for a little richer and slightly thicker fluff if you like.
- Crushed Pineapple – We like pineapple in natural juice or in 100% juice.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Also known as Eagle brand milk, but we haven’t noticed a difference in the taste or quality of name brand versus store brand.
- Mini Marshmallows – Using fresh little marshmallows adds a fun little sweet surprise with a unique texture to the fluff.
- Lemon Juice – Adds another citrus dynamic to the fluff, but a portion of the pineapple juice may be substituted if you please.
Garnish with flaked coconut, chopped pecans or walnuts if you like.
Step By Step Instructions
Empty the tub of Cool Whip into a medium sized mixing bowl.
Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the whipped topping.
Drain the can in a strainer to prevent making the salad runny. Some versions call for a box of instant pudding mix and in this case the liquid is used to activate and stir into the pudding.
Our version of the pineapple fluff recipe calls for drained pineapple to mix into to all of the other ingredients.
The juice is not needed in this recipe so it can be enjoyed or used in a smoothie.
Add the drained pineapple and mini marshmallows to the mixing bowl.
Use a silicone spatula to stir it all together.
Continue pulling the mixture up from the bottom and sides of the bowl until the color is smooth and consistent.
Pour into a more decorative serving bowl and garnish with pineapple tidbits and maraschino cherries if desired.
Storage and Shelf Life
Store tightly covered or in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The old fashioned pineapple fluff will taste best within the first 2 – 3 days. This fluff does keep better than a lot of dessert salads.
More Easy & Delicious Old-Fashioned Dessert Recipes
Amish Grape Salad – Cream cheese and sour cream coat grapes. Then a brown sugar and pecan topping make it extra special.
Big Batch Cherry Cobbler – Warm pie filling with golden brown dough that bubbles up as it bakes.
Chocolate Yum Yum – Is a classic chocolate pudding and Cool Whip dessert.
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces whipped topping defrosted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- maraschino cherries garnish
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits garnish
- Drain crushed pineapple and pour pineapple into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, lemon juice and marshmallows. Stir well.
- Scoop into a 9 x 13 oblong dish or a decorative bowl and garnish with pieces of pineapple and maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate. May be served in squares or in dessert dishes. Keeps well.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.