We especially like this Easy Banana Cream Delight because it’s easy to make, tastes great and is made without fresh bananas! The banana cream pudding dessert ensures a light, consistent taste every time you make it.
Easy Banana Pudding Dessert
Pudding adds such a great flavor in a very economical way to desserts. I love pudding because there’s a variety of great flavors. My mom shared this recipe with lemon pudding, but we wanted to try another twist. The banana cream pudding is perfect for this light and easy dessert idea!
When using real bananas the taste can vary quite a bit based on the ripeness of the bananas. So, this dessert is easy, uses non-perishable ingredients that you commonly have on hand and tastes great! Recipes that can be whipped up for last minute company or an impromptu party are great to have handy.
This Banana Cream Delight tastes great with basic ingredients, but chopped nuts and maraschino cherries may make it even more delightful for some.
Substitute Vanilla Wafers for Lorna Doone Cookies
My favorite pudding dessert crust is in our Candy Land Dessert and has Lorna Doone cookies in it. The cookies hold together well and taste great, but are fairly expensive and can be difficult to find. Vanilla wafers are a cheap and easy alternative!
I’ve made this a couple of times and struggled to get the crust to hold together perfectly. This problem is about looks, not taste, so we decided it’s not really a problem at all.
Our Strawberry Banana Split Cake is another great creamy dessert that is a crowd pleaser! We hope you enjoy these desserts as much as we do!
How to Make Banana Cream Delight
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large plastic bag that has an opening for air to escape. Crush vanilla wafers. Put crushed wafers in a bowl and mix with one stick of melted butter. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese and sugar until mixed well. Stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Using a whisk mix pudding and milk. Spread over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until pudding is set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over dish. Garnish with chopped nuts and chopped maraschino cherries if desired. Keep refrigerated.
Other Easy Potluck Dessert Recipes:
Printable Banana Cream Delight Recipe
Banana Cream Delight
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla wafers crushed
- 1 stick butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 small boxes instant banana cream pudding
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 9 ounce container frozen whipped topping
- chopped nuts optional for garnish
- maraschino cherries optional for garnish
- Crush vanilla wafers and mix with one stick of melted butter. Spread in bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- Mix pudding and milk. Spread over mixture and chill until pudding is set.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chopped nuts and chopped maraschino cherries if desired. Refrigerate.