A light homemade dressing perfectly compliments our Spinach Salad with Bacon and Mushrooms. Hard boiled eggs add the finishing touch to complete this healthy green spinach salad.
Spinach Salad with Egg Recipe
This easy green salad is one of the ways our family keeps eating more vegetables. The white balsamic vinegar adds an upscale taste in a very simple way. A light homemade dressing and flavorful bacon really make this spinach side dish easy to eat.
My husband typically prefers not to eat eggs in his salad, but this light dressing is a great way to blend all of the flavors together into a pleasant mixture. He definitely enjoys the dynamic in this spinach salad with egg recipe.
We like to make this salad for a quick family meal, pool party or to bring along to a big family meal.
Keeping the ingredients separate and tossing together when ready to eat is a great way to keep a light lunch on hand too.
Quick Dressing for Spinach & Mushroom Salad
The most common dressing ingredients are canola oil and vinegar. It’s really the vinegar and other seasonings that give the flavor.
A premium White Balsamic Vinegar is truly the star of this show. White vinegar can be used, but white balsamic vinegar will often come in a fancier bottle and gives this salad the restaurant quality taste. In our Brown Rice Salad with Spinach red wine vinegar creates a great flavor. Some experimenting can help you find your favorite!
Sugar sweetens up the dressing. While dry mustard, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper also enhance the veggies.
Unlike when we make Hot Bacon Salad Dressing, there is no need to save the bacon fat in this recipe. Bacon alone combines wonderfully with spinach.
- Baby spinach or fresh spinach are packed with nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron folate and potassium while being low in calories and high in fiber.
- Fresh white mushrooms – raw mushrooms sliced thin add protein and Vitamin D.
- Bacon – because real bacon makes everything better.
- Hard boiled eggs – add more protein and another flavor dimension. A great way that I save time on this recipe is purchasing boiled eggs at the grocery store.
- Green onions – We like to slice or chop the white and green parts of the onion for more fresh flavor in the salad.
Recipe Tips & Tricks:
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy immediately for best results.
- Making the dressing in a jar with a lid helps to shake and pour only the amount needed when needed onto the salad, which keeps everything fresh longer.
- While we prefer baby spinach, regular spinach works fine, just tear the leaves into smaller pieces to make it easier to eat.
- Bacon bits work fine, but making fresh bacon and chopping will give you bigger pieces and more bacon flavor with every bite of spinach.
- Other greens of your choice like a spring mix salad or tossing in a little chopped Romaine lettuce works fine too.
- Hard boiled can be purchased or made in the Instant Pot.
Step By Step Instructions:
Fry bacon, drain, pat dry on paper towels and chop into small pieces.
Add clean and dry spinach to a large mixing bowl.
Slice mushrooms and green onions and pour over spinach. Toss gently, but not too much or the toppings will fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Add slices of egg to the top of the salad.
Fan out the slices of hard-boiled egg a bit to increase eye appeal.
When ready to serve mix together dressing ingredients in a mason jar with a lid. Shake until mixed.
Pour over spinach salad mixture and top with bacon just before serving.
I do not recommend stirring, but just serve with large tongs right out of the bowl to keep the most toppings possible intact.
This is such a delicious salad that everyone we share it with has enjoyed!
Storage & Leftovers
Refrigerate extra salad and use as soon as possible as spinach with dressing is very likely to wilt.
Other Easy Salad Recipes:
Muffuletta Pasta Salad has a great blend of orzo pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, salami and feta cheese for unique and fun salad.
Linguine Salad is our most popular pasta salad and perfect to share at holiday parties and picnics!
Cucumber Salad with Mayo & Sour Cream is so creamy it’s almost dreamy. And it’s a great way to enjoy lots of cucumbers.
Our Easy Macaroni Salad for a Crowd is popular at graduation parties, banquets and other large events.
Printable Spinach Salad with Bacon and Mushrooms Recipe
Spinach Salad with Bacon and Mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and dry spinach. If using regular spinach then tear into pieces, this is not necessary with baby spinach.
- Combine spinach with mushrooms, eggs and green onions in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar; cover and shake vigorously. Top salad with dressing and bacon right before serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.