Are you looking for a rich and creamy soup that is very satisfying? This Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup is the BEST creamy soup that I’ve ever eaten! This amazing soup is made with cheese, heavy whipping cream, noodles and broccoli topped with bacon and more cheese! #soup
Delicious Creamy Soup
This is odd, I know, but for most of my life, I didn’t think I liked soup. If I had eaten this soup sooner I would’ve realized that I love soup! I love hearty and filling meals and this Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup fits that bill perfectly.
I asked my friend Chef Alli for a soup recipe that I would love and she sent this wonderful recipe! One change and enhancement made this recipe perfect for our family. She recommended using Velveeta and I used shredded sharp cheddar. And I made an important addition – bacon bits sprinkled on top! Adding a little more cheddar cheese and bacon to the top of the bowl really made this the best soup recipe!
Tips for Making Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup
This soup was fairly easy to make. There is some time spent stirring, but it smells so good that it’s worth the investment. Here are some tips to help:
- The recipe calls for 1 pound of frozen noodles and the only bags I found were 1.5 pounds. So be sure to watch measurements because if I had used the whole bag of noodles then I wouldn’t have had enough chicken broth.
- Stir often to prevent the noodles from sticking to the bottom
- Be sure the noodles are tender before moving to the next step
- The smaller the pieces of broccoli the easier it is to cook and eat
Our toddler goes through stages of eating a lot and then not eating very much at all. Well, she hasn’t been eating very much lately until this soup. No one in our family could stop eating this soup it’s so good!
Other Farmhouse Favorite Recipes:
- Pork Chop & Stuffing Casserole
- Farmhouse Pork Chop Marinade
- Sausage and Potato Skillet
- Crock Pot Margarita Monday Shredded Pork
- Basic Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Fiesta Sausage Dip
- Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Potato Casserole
Printable Loaded Broccoli and Noodle Soup Recipe
Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup
Are you looking for a rich and creamy soup that is very satisfying? This Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup is the BEST creamy soup that I've ever eaten! This amazing soup is made with cheese, heavy whipping cream, noodles and broccoli topped with bacon and more cheese! #soup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen egg noodles, such as Reames
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 12 - 16 ounces bag frozen broccoli florets
- bacon pieces
In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat; add onion and cook just until softened.
Add flour and increase heat to medium-high; cook flour, butter and onion, stirring constantly, for a minute or so, until mixture is nicely golden brown in color.
Add chicken broth, a little at a time, and bring to a boil; add noodles and simmer soup until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in milk and whipping cream, along with cheese. Continue to cook soup, stirring often, to keep soup from scorching on the bottom, until cheese is fully melted and soup is smooth
Stir in broccoli and cook 1-3 minutes longer. Serve at once.