Creamy and rich with a light fruit flavor, this no-bake Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious!
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
Citrus flavors are so refreshing and the ingredients for this no-bake pie are all easy to keep on hand. A simple cream pie recipe to mix together this Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie dessert is enjoyable all year around.
Rich from cream cheese and sour cream, sweet from the instant vanilla pudding and citrus flavors from the crushed pineapple with a thick layer of Cool Whip on top, this cream pie is memorable!
We like the upscale look of two layers in this Pineapple Cream Pie recipe. Another light and fruity favorite is this Mandarin Orange Pie with a single layer of creamy filling.
We’re big fans of quick pies like our No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake, Oreo Peanut Butter Pie and Black Forest Pie. It’s nice to have a non chocolate dessert option that is lighter on the dessert table like this cream cheese pineapple pie.
Why This Recipe Works
- Only takes 10 minutes to mix up
- Can be made a day ahead of the party to save clean-up and prep time before the big meal
- Perfect to add variety to holiday dessert tables
- Citrus flavor is perfect at Christmas dinner, a 4th of July picnic and any time in between
- This recipe came from an Amish cookbook making it an old-fashioned and favorite cream pie
- Recipe is super easy to double to make two pies
Crushed pineapple – a small can works great for a single pie. Look for pineapple in natural juices with no sugar added for a more natural flavor.
Cream cheese – adds a richness that people crave in a cream pie. Philadelphia cream cheese or the store brand work fine since it blends together with other ingredients.
Sour cream – adds a little tang and creaminess that is unmatched. We like the regular sour cream, try to avoid fat free or light to get full flavor in the pie.
Instant vanilla pudding mix – adds a smooth vanilla flavor and balance to this pie. The pudding is activated by using reserved pineapple juice for an extra hint of sweetness.
Cool Whip – or a store brand whipped topping creates the luscious top layer of the cream pie that everybody loves.
Graham cracker crust – we like to use a regular sized purchased crust to save time, but a traditional homemade or refrigerated pie crust can be used.
How to Make This Pineapple Cream Pie
Drain pineapple and strain juice into a medium sized mixing bowl. I like to use a strainer to get more juice than I can by just pressing the lid down on the can of pineapple and turning upside down.
Add instant pudding to pineapple juice and use a whisk to stir well.
Add softened cream cheese, sour cream and crushed pineapple to the mixing bowl.
I like to use an electric mixer to ensure the cream cheese is mixed well.
Use a silicone spatula to clean the bowl and scoop into the pie crust.
If adding flaked coconut it can be stirred into the Cool Whip or sprinkled on top.
Top with defrosted Cool Whip and chill for 2 – 24 hours before serving.
A graham cracker pie crust is covered with a plastic liner that can be inverted or flipped over to become a lid for the pie.
It’s great not to have to worry about bringing a dish home from the potluck or cookout when making this pineapple pie with cream cheese.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Could add coconut flakes to the Whipped Cream to make more of a Pina Colada flavor.
- Use a store bought graham cracker crust to save time
- A homemade pie crust works great too if that’s your preference
- Chilled or slightly frozen pie will be easier to slice and keep layers clean and separated on each piece
More Delicious Recipes with Pineapple
Pineapple Casserole is a surprising combination of pineapple chunks, cheddar cheese, ritz crackers and pecans baked into a casserole.
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Salad is a light and refreshing side dish more commonly thought of as a salad or dessert.
No-Bake Pineapple Pretzel Salad is one of my favorite light desserts!
Orange Cake with Pineapple Icing starts with a box of cake mix and adds in mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple to create a wonderful combination!
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 3.3 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 ounces cream cheese softedend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 6 ounce graham cracker pie crust
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium mixing bowl. Set pineapple aside.
- Use a whisk to mix pineapple juice and instant pudding mix together.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese and pineapple. Use an electric mixer to mix well.
- Spoon into a prepared pie crust and spread out evenly.
- Add the Cool Whip in a layer on top and chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.