The cookie dough starts with graham cracker crumbs, adds sweetened condensed milk, coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips to make a flavor packed Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Also called Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies because of the unique treasures inside these are more unique than your typical cookies. Sweet with a special richness from the milk these are worth adding to your Christmas cookie tray!
This dessert recipe is like our Magic Cookie Bars and was originally shared by Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk in the 80s or earlier because their product is so prominent.
The graham cracker crumb based batter is thick, but the cookies look a lot like our regular Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies. Graham cracks replace most of the flour in a typical flavor.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Flaked coconut
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
How To Make Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
Using an electric mixer beat softened butter and sweetened condensed milk. Take a silicone spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. Mix together.
Add coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Stir slowly for short periods of time to avoid breaking the chips. Stirring a bit with a wooden spoon may help too.
Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- The sugar in this recipe caramelizes a bit differently since it comes in the form on condensed milk and chocolate chips as opposed to granulated sugar
- There is some flour, but most of the bulk is graham cracker crumbs and coconut for the dry ingredients
- I like to use a non-stick baking mat instead of non-stick cooking spray for easy removal from the pan
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Almond Bark Cookies are a no-bake treat with rice krispie cereal, white chocolate, peanut butter and peanut.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies have a surprise cherry on top of the cookie and under the frosting that is fun and delicious!
Sour Cream Cookies are perfect at the holidays, super moist and taste like bakery quality.
Here are 101 more Christmas Cookie recipes ideas to try!
Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder.
- Add graham cracker crumbs mixture to milk and butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.