Who doesn’t like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? This is the best chocolate and peanut butter bar cookie recipe!
These bar cookies give you a FAST and EASY way to enjoy the chocolate and peanut butter combination in cookie form!
Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
When we make these chocolate and peanut butter bar cookies at home I can’t resist eating a warm cookie and enjoying a cold glass of milk.
We love bar cookies because they are so quick to make and they are much more flexible than typical cookies. The bars can be cut into small pieces for kids or larger cookies for adults. A similar recipe in traditional cookie form is our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies.
At our family gatherings, there are lots of kids. Kids love cookies. They don’t really care what shape the cookies are, they just like eating them as a snack, appetizer, and dessert. These cookies are SO good it’s easy to fill up on them before the meal is served!
Bar cookies are quicker because you don’t have to make balls out of the dough and there’s less cleanup – we only use one 15” jelly roll pan, instead of getting multiple cookie sheets dirty.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Desserts
The best cookies have just the right combination of ingredients. Everyone that tried these at our family party liked them! A few people even said that the peanut butter chips were a nice surprise.
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of our favorite dessert combinations. We especially love the combination in our 5 Ingredient Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Cookies with a Chocolate Kiss, and Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats.
I think people expect traditional chocolate chip cookies. I like an easy recipe with common ingredients that gives people a nice surprise!
My husband’s family has a Cowboy Bar Cookie Recipe that is amazing. When we made the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bar Cookies in the same pan, my mother-in-law was convinced we must’ve added peanut butter chips to her classic recipe. It’s a totally different recipe, so let’s see if she ever reads this and finds out! These recipes are the best two bar cookies I’ve eaten!
We LOVE all of these cookies when they are warm out of the oven and a little bit gooey!
What Kinds of Wheat Are There?
We are farmers and we grow cows, pigs, corn, soybeans, hay and wheat. We just had a good discussion with our ten-year-old son the other day about different varieties of wheat. I actually read most of this web page about wheat to him as we were on a family road trip the other day. From what I’ve gathered the wheat we grow here in Ohio goes into Oreos and other cookies. But we probably used wheat from another state in our all-purpose flour for this recipe. Either way, I like knowing that I support family farms in the United States.
We hope you use lots of flour and wheat products great recipes like this!
How to Make Easy Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 inch jell roll pan.
- Cream softened, but not melted butter, sugars, slightly beaten eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Add chips to batter and stir gently with a mixer or by hand to prevent breaking the chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into jelly roll pan. Bake for 18 – 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes:
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Best Sour Cream Cookies
- Lemon Cake Cookies
The Best Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Bar Cookies Printable Recipe
Best Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11.5 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounce bag peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Add chips to batter and stir.
- Spread mixture evenly into greased 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan. Bake for 18 - 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars. Yields up to 48 cookies.