Do you need a new easy cookie recipe? These Farmhouse Applesauce Raisin Cookies are delicious, moist, easy to make and call for simple ingredients that you likely have on hand!
Moist Cookies with Applesauce and Raisins
We like simple cookies that taste good! This vintage recipe has been in the family for years and it’s a nice, classic cookie. It doesn’t take fancy ingredients to make a great cookie swap cookie or special afternoon treat for loved ones.
Regular raisins work very well in this recipe. Another benefit of having extra raisins on hand is they are a healthy snack that the kids love.
The original recipe also calls for 1 cup of nut meats chopped. I don’t have nut meats sitting around, so we just buy nut topping or chopped nuts, or whatever is most economical and in a reasonable size package at whatever grocery store we’re shopping at that day.
I have noticed quite a variety in the chopped nut offerings. If you have a favorite nut I would recommend using that. I think these cookies would be delicious without the nuts too.
Easy Baking Recipes with Applesauce
I love using applesauce to keep baked goods moist and delicious. Here are a couple other delicious family favorite recipes that feature applesauce, Cinnamon Applesauce Cake and Farmhouse Applesauce Bars. I like the moisture, texture and sweetness applesauce ads with being overwhelmingly sweet. These applesauce treats all have wonderful flavor profiles. And anytime there’s leftover applesauce the kids love gobbling it up!
How to Make Applesauce Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix well applesauce, sugar, butter and egg with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add dry ingredients except for raisins and nuts. Mix well.
- Add raisins and nuts and mix lightly.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Refrigerate any extra cookies to extend shelf life.
Other Delicious Cookies from the Farm:
- Cowboy Cookie Bars
- Dark Chocolate & Oatmeal Cookies
- Farmhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Applesauce Raisin Cookies.
- Chocolate Hermits
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
We hope you enjoy these cookies and applesauce treats as much as we do!
Printable Recipe for Applesauce Raisin Cookies
Farmhouse Applesauce Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix applesauce, sugar, butter and egg with an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients except for raisins and nuts. Mix well. Add raisins and nuts and mix lightly.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Refrigerate any extra cookies.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.