Warm homemade brownies with a soft chocolatey center covered with a layer of white chocolate chips are irresistible! White Chocolate Chip Brownies are one of our favorite easy chocolate desserts.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
I’ve grown up eating this big batch of homemade brownies. Only recently did I find another recipe from my childhood for white chocolate chip brownies. At our county fair there was always a Sweet Treats to Eat contest and this was one of the winning entries back in the 90s!
An easy way to make homemade brownies better is by adding more chocolate with the chocolate chips! We have tested several versions of chocolate chips and frankly, they’re all delicious. As a white chocolate lover, we landed on white chocolate chip brownies as our best version!
White chocolate has always been a weak spot of mine from these White Chocolate Cupcakes to Chocolate Chip Cookies with white chips. And I can never pass up one of those rich brownies with the white chocolate shavings from Gordon Food Service. The white chocolate chips are the closest I’ve come to making my own version of the GFS brownies.
The Best Chocolate Chips to Sprinkle on Brownies
This recipe has been thoroughly tested in our house with chocolate chips, a mixture of chocolate and white chips and white chocolate chips.
We have stirred the chips into the batter and sprinkled them on top. Baking chips are BEST sprinkled on top of the batter. Not only is there more eye appeal the flavor is so much better, almost like a layer of frosting.
Since the lighter white chocolate chips can darken during the baking process it is important not to over bake the brownies. Whatever combination of chips you choose to use be sure pay close attention and keep those brownies nice and soft in the center!
We have made this recipe with semi-sweet chocolate chips sprinkled on top to be Chocolate Chip Brownies. We have also tested baking 1 cup or white or vanilla flavored chips on top and 1 cup of semi-sweet chips. All of the combinations are delicious!
How to Make Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
Grease a 15″ x 10″ x 1″ baking pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
Using an electric mixer cream butter flavored crisco and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
Gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix well, but be careful not to over mix.
Pour into baking pan and sprinkle white chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
A toothpick inserted in the center just comes out part way clean. The toothpick shouldn’t be covered in wet batter, but there will probably be a crumble or two of brownie sticking to it to enjoy soft brownies.
Tips & Tricks
- Brownies freeze well. I like to cut into small servings and put is small freezer bags so a chocolate snack is always at hand.
- Brownies store well in an air tight container at room temperature for a few days, but the shelf life can be extended by using the refrigerator.
- Butter flavored crisco gives these brownies a rich, smooth taste that is unique and delicious.
- Adding 1 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter is optional.
- Flavor is maximized when chocolate chips are sprinkled on top as opposed to mixing in the batter.
- These brownies are amazing served warm with ice cream or at room temperature!
More Delicious Brownie Recipes
O’Joy Brownie Bars have a sweet and gooey layer of coconut in the center.
Texas Brownies have a layer of icing that is irresistible.
Printable White Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
White Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture until blended, but do not overmix.
- Pour into baking pan and sprinkle baking chips evenly on top. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Adding 1 cup of chopped walnuts is optional
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.