A rich layer of coconut flavored filling sandwiches between layers of a chocolate brownie mix make a super easy O’Joy Brownie Bar recipe.
Homemade Almond Joy Bar Brownies
A family-sized box of brownie mix made according to the package direction filled with a sweetened condensed milk and coconut mixture tastes like homemade Almond Joy Bars. If you love nuts be sure to add sliced almonds to the creamy filling to get the full candy bar effect. Our family prefers nut free candy bars, so we share this recipe without nuts.
Using candy bars in our desserts is a family tradition. I love our Milky Way Cake and Heath Bar Cake, my husband leans towards our 3 Musketeers Cake. Our kids prefer M&M Cheerio Bars and Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies. While this recipe doesn’t use candy bars, it tastes a lot like one with just ten minutes of prep work.
This is a very simple recipe because it uses a brownie mix. Pour half of the brownie mixture into a 9×13″ pan. Then mix 4 common ingredients up to make a middle layer that adds a candy bar like sweetness to these brownies that is irresistible.
My husband enjoys helping make desserts when he has time. He prefers to make super easy desserts like these brownies or these Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars and Cream Puff Cake. This brownie mix dessert fits well with the other recipes he makes, it’s full of flavor and perfect to enjoy at home or take for a family dinner or potluck.
Coconut Stuffed Brownies
Chocolate, coconut and sweetened condensed milk bake together to make a delicious dessert sandwich that’s fun to share with others.
A similar cream cheese stuffed dessert is our Black Bottom Cupcakes. If you like this recipe you should give these cupcakes a try too!
As a family that loves all kinds of brownies from Chocolate Syrup Brownies to Gooey Marshmallow Brownies, we’ve tested enough to know a good one when we taste it. We love how simple ingredients can bake together and compliment each other so well. A basic brownie mix can be split in half to make a brownie sandwich for a super creamy coconut layer.
O’Joy Brownie Bar Recipe
- Mix up a family size box mix of brownies according to the direction on the box of brownie mix. Pour half into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl stir together sweetened condensed milk, coconut, flour and egg. Pour over half of brownie mix.
- Pour remaining brownie mix as evenly as possible over coconut filling. Bake at 350°F fro 35 – 40 minutes until brownies are set.
How to Make Almond Joy Brownie Bars at Home
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grab a batch of brownies that fills a 9 x 13 pan or says “family size” and mix it up according to the directions on the box.
Mix up the coconut filling in a separate bowl.
Pour half of the brownie mix into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
Stir coconut filling together well and spoon as evenly as possible over the layer of brownies.
Pour the remaining half of brownie mix over the sweetened condensed milk and coconut filling. Again, spread it out as evenly as possible.
Bake in a 350°F oven for 35 – 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
These brownies taste great served warm or at room temperature!
They can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 3 – 5 days. Coconut stuffed brownies also freeze well. We like to freeze brownies in small portions so a sweet chocolate treat can be defrosted quickly and easily. Individual bags also help with portion control because these brownies are irresistible!
Other Delicious Brownie Recipes:
- Texas Brownies – these are super-rich and might be my favorite chocolate brownie
- Triple Layer Chocolate Butterscotch Brownies – several flavors combine to make a unique layered brownie
- Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies – Colorful marshmallows, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips make these brownies fun to eat
- Big Batch of Brownies – a simple and classic brownie recipe that have been a family tradition for years
Printable O’ Joy Brownie Bars Recipe
O’ Joy Brownie Bars
- 1 box brownie mix family size that fits 9×13 pan
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Stir together brownie mix according to directions on the package
- In a seperate bowl stir together filling ingredients
- Pour half of brownie batter in baking dish, layer coconut filling and then top with remaining brownie mix.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until brownies are set.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shared on Weekend Potluck