Covered in white chocolate and colorful sprinkles this rich Homemade Birthday Cake Bites recipe has a cake batter flavored fudge and dough like filling that is irresistible!
If you like birthday cake flavors of vanilla cake with sprinkles these special dessert bites will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your party guests.
Cake Bites Recipe
Have you ever snitched the cake batter before making the cake and enjoyed that more than the actual cake? Then this no-bake cake batter bites recipe that is also known as Cake Batter Delight is for you.
Vanilla cake batter with sprinkles is made more memorable with sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate to make a fudge like cake bite. Takes these cake batter flavored treats to the next level by dipping or drizzling them with white chocolate. More sprinkles on top can color coordinate with the occasion.
A special treat that is a spin on traditional White Chocolate Birthday Cupcakes for parties these bites are small but mighty in flavor. They are actually quite a bit more rich than our wildly popular Rich and Moist Chocolate Cake from a box mix.
Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Bites
We enjoyed our first cake bite at a fancy Sweet Shop and Candy Store at Kalahari after an evening playing at their indoor water park. I asked for the most popular item in the case and this Cake Bite was identified as the #1 seller. It only took a small bite to understand why.
We went home and set out to recreate our own DIY cake bites so we can enjoy them more often. After a few test recipes we absolutely love these homemade Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Bites without eggs.
My teenage son with quite the sweet tooth says the only way to make these better is serving them with some Homemade Ice Cream.
- Funfetti cake mix or white cake mix with sprinkles already included
- White chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- White vanilla flavored chocolate wafers for dipping
How To Make Cake Bites
Prepare all ingredients by opening packages and cans and having everything measured out.
Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Ensure butter covers the entire bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly over butter. Then pour can of sweetened condensed milk over chips.
Use a firm silicone spatula to stir often for 3 – 4 minutes until all of the chocolate chips are melted.
Turn heat to low and stir in vanilla extract.
Then stir in Funfetti cake mix and mix well. Ensure there are no lumps.
Add sprinkles and mix well again.
Then pour into lined square dish. Keep dish on a flat surface and tap gently until fudge is level.
Allow recipe to chill for at least an hour before cutting into squares and dipping in chocolate. Remove fudge from pan and trim sides off to make a square.
Use a small bowl with low sides and melt small batches of chocolate at a time. Have sprinkles opened and a work station set-up before melting chocolate.
Use one fork to dip cake bites and tap that fork up against a second fork to help remove excess chocolate.
Set onto a large baking sheet with low sides covered in parchment paper. Add sprinkles or any other decoration that needs to stick in the chocolate immediately.
Cool bites make the warm chocolate set up almost instantly, so once the chocolate is smooth be ready to move quickly.
- Although the ingredients easily fit in a medium saucepan use a larger one with more surface area for the chocolate chips to touch making melting them much easier and faster
- Melt chocolate to coat or drizzle in small batches as it sets up very quickly
- An 8×8 dish makes fewer squares that are thicker. Fewer squares can save time dipping in chocolate. A 9×9 dish makes more thinner bites.
- We like to cut into approximately 1 1/2 inch squares
- A board scraper is very helpful to cut the cake bite fudge mixture into straight evenly sized pieces.
- Chill fudge cake batter filling before dipping in chocolate for easier handling
- Funfetti or Rainbow Confetti cake mix can be substituted for white cake mix and a couple tablespoons of sprinkles may be added if desired. Jimmies or the longer rod shaped sprinkles are what we typically use to mix in the batter, but nonpareils or the small balls also work.
Sprinkles add so much eye appeal to these cake bites. Any type of sprinkles may be sprinkled on top for decoration.
Cookie dough cake bites taste amazing alone, but are even better when partially or fully dipped in chocolate. Using a tablespoon to drizzle melted chocolate in the pattern of your choice across the bites.
When decorating be sure to add sprinkles to each piece immediately after being dipped as the chocolate sets up fast! This task is much easier with a helper.
Have the entire work station set-up, with the work flow planned from left, to right or vice versa before beginning. Setting freshly dipped bites in a pan with low sides, lined with parchment or waxed paper will make cleaning up extra sprinkles much easier.
Store in an airtight container or self sealing bag in a cool place for 4 – 7 days.
Homemade Cake bites can be frozen, but will taste best in the refrigerator within 2-3 days for maximum freshness and quality.
This recipe is very easy to change the color of the chocolate coating, color of the sprinkles and size of the cake bites.
There are so many variations with various food coloring and different types and colors of sprinkles to create a birthday masterpiece of your choosing.
More Delicious Birthday Party Recipes:
A Fruit Tray adds natural sweetness and a colorful way to brighten up the snack table.
Loaded Baked Potato Bar is a great way to give people meal options at a party.
Spicy Pretzels take basic pretzels, add a little olive oil and a few spices to make a great snack.
Cake Bites can be wonderful way to dress up a Simple Charcuterie Board for Kids.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles jimmies work well
- 15 ounces vanilla flavored melting wafers
- Line a square dish with parchment paper and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pan over medium high heat melt butter. Spread over the entire bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle white chips in an even layer over the butter. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over chips. After a couple minutes of allowing chips to warm up stir the mixture often until chips are melted.
- Turn heat to medium low and add vanilla and stir well.
- Add the cake mix and stir well.
- Then add sprinkles and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Pour into lined baking dish and tap gently on a firm flat surface until mixture is level.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and then cut into squares. Keep chilled until ready to dip in chocolate.
- Melt candy coating chocolate and dip squares. Shake excess chocolate off and decorate with sprinkles immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.