Are you looking for an easy low-carb side dish? The bacon, cheese, and sour cream make this Easy Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole a delicious alternative to potatoes! This side dish will be a hit at your family dinner table or potluck! #lowcarb #cauliflower
Easy Low-Carb Casserole
My Twice Baked Potato Casserole has been very popular and we wanted a way to lighten that dish up. The best part of this casserole is that it is very satisfying. It didn’t feel like you’re giving up anything to enjoy a delicious vegetable on the side.
I made this for a friend’s birthday party and everyone LOVED it! My friends were shocked to learn that I used frozen cauliflower. They loved the freshness of the dish and know that frozen cauliflower takes a lot less time to prepare than washing and chopping fresh cauliflower. Either would work well, but I noticed that frozen cauliflower was a much better value at the grocery store.
Another way that I save time on this recipe is by purchasing pre-cooked bacon bits. One pound of cooked bacon chopped into pieces also works well.
The crowd is not divided about how great this recipe is so we also adapted it to be a Crock Pot Keto Cauliflower Casserole and Crock Pot Buffalo Bacon Cauliflower Casserole. Another low-carb snack or appetizer that tastes great with any of these cauliflower dishes is our Salami Roll-Ups.
We had some healthy debate about whether this is a good side dish or whether it could be a main dish too. Our crowd is divided, so I guess it depends how hungry you are!
Another casserole with cauliflower that our family enjoys is our Baked Vegetable Medley with a couple bags of frozen California blend veggies.
Easy Recipe with Cauliflower
This easy cauliflower casserole is delicious and satisfying. Cauliflower can be an intimidating side dish, but using a couple shortcuts and enhancements like cheese and bacon make this casserole quite easy!
I purchased three 12 ounce bags of frozen cauliflower. They were microwavable, but I wanted to cook all of the cauliflower together in a dutch oven so that I could more closely monitor the doneness. Sometimes when I microwave vegetables they end up soggy.
I like to toss the cauliflower in one cup of water on medium high heat on the stove top. Stir every five minutes or so to help the cauliflower cook evenly. After about 15 minutes I pull a couple of the biggest pieces out of the pan and cut them in half. If they’re warm, they’re done. If they are at all cold, continue to cook for additional 5-minute increments. The cauliflower should be warm and tender, but not soggy.
Drain the water from the pan and add sour cream, half of each of the cheese and half of the bacon. Stir well and place in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 350º F. Add chopped green onion on top and enjoy!
What is Needed to Make a Keto Cauliflower Casserole?
- Fresh or frozen cauliflower
- Sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onions
How to Make Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole
- Cook cauliflower
- Stir half of sour cream cheese and bacon into cauliflower
- Place in greased casserole dish
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top
- Bake 15 minutes at 350ºF
What Goes Good with Cauliflower?
- Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs
- Farmhouse Meatloaf
- Applesauce Meatballs
- Farmhouse Ham Balls
- Easy Root Beer Ham Glaze
- Farmhouse Marinated Pork Chops
Other Delicious Side Dishes
- Loaded Smashed Potato Casserole
- Ranch Glazed Carrots
- Meaty Baked Beans – Farmhouse Style
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Asian Asparagus
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Printable Easy Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
Easy Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 36 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces bacon bits cooked
- 3 green onions diced
- Cook cauliflower in one cup of water on medium high heat on the stove top. Cover pan.
- Stir every five minutes or so to help the cauliflower cook evenly. After about 15 minutes test a couple of the biggest pieces out of the pan. Cut them in half. If they're warm, they're done. If they are at all cold, continue to cook for additional 5-minute increments. The cauliflower should be warm and tender, but not soggy.
- Drain the water from the pan and add sour cream, half of each of the cheese and half of the bacon. Stir well and place in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 350º F. Add chopped green onion on top and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.