Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with a delightful honey glaze that holds parmesan and rosemary on these Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes is so memorable!
Honey Garlic Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
A sweet drizzle of honey marries together garlic and herbs to coat these tender spuds in a delightful glaze. We got inspiration for this Roasted Honey Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes recipe from Tiktok.
We love how tender the center of the potato is, but then when roasting in the oven to a golden brown finish the edges become crispy. Add some parmesan like we do to this Roasted Cauliflower and you’ve got a side dish that pairs with about any meat.
Potatoes are a blank canvas to shape and season as you like. We like to add cheese in our Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole and Kielbasa to our Cheesy Potato Sausage Casserole, but drizzling with honey is a new flavor combination that we love!
Why This Recipe Works
- A go-to side dish recipe that is unique enough to mix up the mealtime routine, but still simple enough to pair nicely with beef, chicken and pork.
- Easy to make a double batch for meal prep because leftovers reheat really well.
- The tender center with a crunchy exterior takes an extra step, but creates a restaurant quality side dish that anyone can make at home!
- Potatoes – we prefer Yukon gold for the buttery undertone and how tender they become without peeling.
- Rosemary – a sprig of fresh rosemary with the leaves pulled off and chopped provides maximum flavor.
- Lemon – squeeze the juice into the olive oil and zest the lemon into the glaze.
- Minced Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves or teaspoons from a jar gives a bold garlic flavor to these spuds.
- Honey – Drizzle on top of the potatoes before topping with cheese.
- Parmesan Cheese – freshly shredded or a can of grated adds a special touch.
- Sea Salt and Pepper – season plain potatoes to make more enjoyable.
- Parsley – an optional garnish.
How to Make Crispy Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Prepare pot of water and bring to a boil. Salt generously.
Wash potatoes and cut into evenly sized 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes. Boil until tender.
While oven is preheating drain cubes and spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
Once tender cubes are semi dry lightly coat with half of the olive oil. Spread out again and bake for about 40 minutes.
Flip potatoes every 20 minutes.
Mix together remaining oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pile potatoes in the center of the baking sheet and toss in the seasoned oil mixture.
Spread the potatoes out and roast for another 20 minutes at 400℉
The potatoes are done when the begin to get a golden brown finish of the edges and corners.
Remove from the oven and pile in the center of the baking sheet or spoon into a serving bowl.
Drizzle with honey and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
Serve with salt and pepper for additional seasoning. Enjoy!
Store extras or leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
These potatoes reheat well in a 350℉ oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- We like Yukon gold potatoes because they have a thin, tender skin that is enjoyable to eat and doesn’t need peeled.
- 5 cups of 1 to 1/2″ cubed potatoes is about 3 to 5 medium potatoes – this recipe is easy to scale up or down.
- We like to use a block of parmesan and shave over the potatoes, but we typically just sprinkle pre-grated cheese for convenience.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Jiffy Corn Pudding is one of my mom’s classics that also goes well with most simple meals featuring meat.
- Beef Consomme Rice is a newer addition to our family meal rotation that the kids enjoy.
- Pineapple Fluff topped with maraschino cherries can be a side dish or dessert.
- Broccoli, Cranberry and Bacon Salad is a delightful combination for potlucks or at home meals.
Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 5 cups Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary minced
- 1 zest of lemon
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Wash and chop potatoes into 1 to 1 1/2" cubes. Bring water to a boil, salt water and boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until fork tender.5 cups Yukon gold potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Drain and place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Set aside to dry for 15 minutes to dry.
- Once dry toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bake for 40 minutes. Flipping potatoes after 20 minutes.5 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the remaining olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss the the potatoes in this mixture and roast for an additional 20 minutes.1 sprig rosemary, 1 zest of lemon, 4 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Once potatoes have roasted for about an hour and have a crispy golden finish pile in the center of the baking sheet and drizzle with honey and parmesan cheese. Serve warm.2 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.