A cross between pizza and fajitas slices of chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms sit on salsa and pizza crust to make a cheesy and delicious Chicken Fajita Pizza.
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese melts all over traditional fajita toppings and your favorite meat to create delicious pizza toppings. Baked on a refrigerated pizza dough this spin on pizza night only takes ten minutes to put together.
The flavor from leftover electric smoked whole chicken really amps up the flavors in this pizza!
We’ve always been pizza lovers! As adults Mexican inspired dishes make it to our menu more often. We love how the extra cheese and pizza crust puts a fun spin on traditional chicken fajitas. We are big fans of easy recipes!
With a busy schedule, semi-homemade meals like our Stromboli and Taco Pie are the kind we have time for. Simple ingredients make the meal kid-friendly too.
I like to make this Chicken Fajita Pizza when we already have peppers, onions and mushrooms in the house. A few other recipes that work together in a meal prep plan are Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders, Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers and Onions or Keto Ground Beef and Bacon Casserole.
- Tube of refrigerated pizza dough
- Chicken strips or cubes
- Vegetable oil
- Chili powder
- Minced garlic
- Red and green peppers
- Monterey Jack cheese
How to Make Fajita Pizza
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add strips of chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir in spices. Then add vegetables. Continue to stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
Unroll pizza dough on a pizza stone (preferred) or lightly greased baking sheet. Partially bake for 8 – 10 minutes at 425°F.
Remove from the oven and spread chicken mixture over the crust. If there is extra juice in the skillet drain so the crust doesn’t become soggy.
Spoon salsa over chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake for an additional 15 – 18 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Tips & Tricks
For the best results use a pizza stone. Another option is baking pizza crust on a wire baking rack so that the bottom and center can get baked. We just use a baking sheet, but sometimes the center of the dough doesn’t finish baking perfectly.
A rolling pin may be used to shape pizza dough into a circle or rectangle. I typically use finger and spend the least time handling possible.
Chicken can be prepared according to the directions or leftover chicken may be reheated. Ensure that meat remains juicy and isn’t overcooked.
Freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese is our favorite topping, but Mexican cheese can also be used.
Pizza tastes best warm just out of the oven. Unfortunately, leftovers don’t reheat well, but could be reheated in a toaster oven for best results.
More Great Mexican Inspired Recipes
Best Taco Meatloaf is another twist on classic meatloaf and tacos that are shaped in mini meatloaves and covered with cheese. Crushing a bag of Doritos adds great flavor to this recipe.
Bell Pepper Taco Dip with Meat is a crunchy and delicious low-carb appetizer or meal. Taco meat is heated on a bed of green bell peppers.
Easy Taco Crescents also begin with refrigerated crescent dough and add a few ingredients to make mini sandwiches our family enjoys.
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas are a meal that you can start in the afternoon and they’ll be ready by the time everyone is hungry in the evening.
Another pizza recipe we love using refrigerated dough is Crescent Roll Breakfast Pizza.
Printable Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe
Chicken Fajita Pizza
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 10 ounce package Refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a baking stone with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough on stone. Pizza dough can be shaped in a rectangular or round shape with a rolling pin.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in garalic, chili powder and salt.
- Add sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms. Continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Partially bake pizza dough for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread chicken mixture over crust. Spoon salsa over chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Return pizza to the oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply