Best BLT Sandwich Recipe
Open Faced-Sandwich Recipe
Meat and cheese are the basis of all good open-faced sandwich recipes. Bacon is the meat that makes sandwiches better and bacon is the start of a BLT. Craving a BLT, I wanted to create a recipe that was quick and easy to make and eat. Open-faced sandwiches save time and taste great, which are ingredients in a winning meal for me!
A smaller loaf of frozen garlic bread works best for our size of family, but a larger loaf and more toppings could easily be used without much additional time or effort. We also like being able to customize sections of the sandwich so that everyone in the family is happy. In the future, I look forward to adding slices of ham or turkey to make a heartier meal. There are so many ways to customize an open-faced sandwich.
How Can I Improve my BLT
Modern Agriculture – Pig Farming in 2019
In the same way that I am continuously trying to improve recipes for my family, I know that farmers are continuously trying to improve how they care for animals and the environment.
My husband and I both grew up on pig farms and we’re still involved in farming. Our experiences living on a farm have groomed us to continually think about how to improve various aspects of our work and life in general. Instead of trying to get out of work, we invest time and energy into thinking about how to do it easier and better.
Our strongest connection to pigs is through our son’s 4-H projects. We have really enjoyed teaching him how to care for animals and why we do what we do. Proper animal care at least twice each day, keeping the pen clean, planning to have enough food and water are all critical to being a successful farmer. Last summer I shared more in this article called We Take Pride in Feeding 4-H Animals.
We know that there are bacon farmers all across the country that are working hard to do the best job possible. When you buy bacon at a local grocery store, Walmart, a CSA or farmer’s market you are supporting farm families in the United States. If you would like to learn more about modern pig farms check out this website from the National Pork Board – PorkCares.org.
What goes with BLT Sandwich
We hope you enjoy this easy sandwich as much as we do!
Printable Recipe For Open-Faced BLT
Open-Faced Italian BLT
- 11.75 ounce frozen garlic bread
- 6 slices smoke flavored provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Cook garlic bread according to directions on the package.
- Cover each half of garlic bread with slices of provolone. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Add layers of lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Sprinkle basil and drizzle balsamic reduction. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are warmed.