Delicious and SUPER easy to make, this Italian Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub makes a nice dinner in a hurry! Chicken, bacon, cheese and ranch dressing slathered over a loaf of garlic toast is irresistible!
If you enjoy this recipe you may also enjoy Air Fryer Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions.
Easy Dinner with Leftover Chicken
We like to make a big batch of chicken in the Instant Pot and cut the extras into cubes for recipes like this. Having small cubes of chicken on hand makes for so many versatile meals. Chicken cooks in about 10 minutes on high pressure in a pressure cooker. Be sure to allow at least 15 minutes of natural release time.
Loaves of garlic bread are also very versatile. Cook the garlic bread about 75% of the time given on the instructions. Cook long enough to get it warmed through, but not yet crispy and toasty on the edges.
Then sprinkle with cubed cooked chicken, pieces of bacon, ranch dressing, and cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning if desired. Return to the oven until the ingredients are warmed through, the cheese is melted and the bread is the desired crispiness.
We’ve experimented with barbecue sauce and Italian dressing in this recipe and we enjoy them all, but ranch dressing is our favorite. Dare I admit that I didn’t even think I liked ranch dressing until a few recipes like this where it just adds a really nice creaminess to the dish!
Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Sandwich Recipe
We are a sandwich loving family. It’s not unusual that a sandwich is all that we have time for.
We like these open-faced subs with chicken, bacon, cheese and ranch to help mix up the cold lunch meat routine. Served as a traditional sandwich or an open-faced sub, warm and packed with flavor is always preferred!
My husband is a farmer and warm weather means more time working in a tractor in the field. Since the fields aren’t always close to the house I try to help make his job easier by having dinner ready when I can. Sometimes I end up taking food to the field so that he can use precious time as well as possible and keep the farm equipment moving.
This is a perfect meal for life on the go. Whether it’s to a farm field or eating on the way to the soccer field. This home-cooked meal is super easy and tastes great! We also love that it’s so easy to customize with different sauces for different tastes without too much trouble.
How to Make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Open up loaf of garlic bread on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until warmed through, but not yet crispy on the edges.
- Spread the desired amount of chicken out evenly over the bread. Drizzle with ranch.
- Spread bacon bits, cheese and Italian seasoning over the loaves.
- Bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes until the ingredients are all warm, cheese is melted and bread is desired doneness.
Other Easy Meals Ideas For Families:
- Farmhouse Ham, Swiss & Ranch Party Sliders
- Tuscan Chicken & Spaghetti Casserole
- Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Crescents
- Easy Taco Crescents
- Chicken Crescent Swirls
- Best Taco Meatloaf
- Italian Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!
Printable Recipe for Italian Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub
Italian Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub
- 1 large loaf frozen garlic bread
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut in small cubes
- 4 ounces bacon bits
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Open up loaf of garlic bread on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until warmed through, but not yet crispy on the edges.
- Spread the desired amount of chicken out evenly over the bread. Drizzle with ranch. Spread bacon bits, cheese and Italian seasoning over the loaves. Bake for an additional 5 - 10 minutes until the ingredients are all warm, cheese is melted and bread is desired doneness.