This recipe for Easy Caramel Apple Pork Chops that are 3/4″ thick only took seven minutes to cook. These are the best pork chops we make in a skillet!
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Tender pork chops taste even better when served with apples that have been cooked in a butter, brown sugar and cinnamon sauce. The flavors cook together and caramelize to create amazing Caramel Apple Pork Chops!
There are a few secrets to keep pork tender and juicy when cooking in a skillet. The best part is these tips will save time and make your life easier!
When the weather is good, all of our time and effort seem to be focused on getting corn and soybeans harvested. After a rain when the fields are too wet to keep harvesting we get a break for a day or two. We like to go to a local orchard and pick apples. My family seems to pick far more apples than we need, so this is one of my go-to meals.
How to Cook Pork Chops in a Skillet
The key to success in this recipe is to remember that these chops really are done and properly cooked after 7 min.
I like to sit the pork chops out on the counter when I get home from work so that they can get closer to room temperature. That gives me time to get the kids settled and clean up the items we carry in from the day.
Turn the skillet on medium high heat, opened the chops and put them in the skillet. Add salt and pepper to the skillet, cut the apples and set the table while the chops were cooking.
I will say that a good skillet is key to this recipe and I love my Scanpan. It heats up very quickly and cooks evenly!
That’s right, these chops are succulent because they are properly cooked. I used a meat thermometer and removed from the heat at 145 degrees Fahrenheit. In my skillet that only took seven minutes. These chops were so juicy and the apples add such a nice flavor to the meal.
When we can’t grill pork chops outside and make these Farmhouse Marinated Pork Chops this is our go-to pork chop recipe. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
More Farmhouse Favorite Meals
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch makes a great sandwich, slider, taco or dip.
Baked Spaghetti with Sausage is a kid favorite that parents enjoy too!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli is a spin on a classic stromboli that is packed with flavor.
Printable Pork Chops and Apples Recipe
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tart red apples, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Remove chops from refrigerator up to an hour before cooking. The closer to room temperature the better. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Place chops in skillet and season with salt and pepper as desired. Saute chops for 7 minutes, turning only once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Remove; keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, add some nutmeg if you like. Add butter to skillet; stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or just until apples are tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. You may drizzle remaining sauce over the chops and sprinkle with pecans if you'd like.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.