Are you craving a moist and delicious meatloaf? My mom has spent years perfecting this Farmhouse Meatloaf. Our whole family loves this easy meatloaf recipe served over Mashed Potatoes!
We love properly cooked meat that is moist and delicious. My mom has worked on this recipe for decades, so we know it is the BEST meatloaf for our farmhouse tables!
The glaze on top helps to seal in moisture during cooking and adds a great flavor. When meatloaf is moist to begin with it tastes even better the second day after being reheated for leftovers.
We’ve found that the meatloaf is a bit easier to make in an 8″ x 8″ baking dish than in loaf pan. It cooks a bit more quickly, which can help keep moisture in the meat.
A reader also shared that she loves this traditional meatloaf recipe because it is gluten and dairy free so everyone in their family can enjoy it!
How to Make Classic Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray non-stick cooking spray into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Combine lean ground beef, tomato juice, quick oats, eggs, finely chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl stir together sauce ingredients and spread sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake for one hour. Drain if needed. Let rest for 5 minutes. A digital meat thermometer should read 160°F when inserted into the center of the meatloaf.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or once cooled, wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
Fresh or Frozen Beef?
We raise cattle on our farm, so we eat farm fresh beef in recipes like this! All of our beef has been frozen. Because when we have a cow processed into beef we don’t eat hundreds of pounds of beef in a few days. So our local meat processor will always package the cuts of meat individually so they can be frozen.
Everyone in our family has an extra chest freezer or upright freezer that we use to store the meat in. So we always have a variety of cuts of beef on hand! As long as the meat is wrapped and frozen properly to avoid freezer burn the freshness and flavor is not compromised.
The beef that we don’t eat is sold through grocery stores, so when you buy meat in the grocery store you are supporting families like ours!
Here are a few other of our favorite recipes using farm fresh beef, or beef purchased at the grocery store. We hope you enjoy these recipes with ground beef as much as we do! Applesauce Meatballs, Mexican Casserole, One Pot Beef Goulash, and Hamburger & Tater Tot Casserole.
Other Farmhouse Favorite Recipes:
- Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Farmhouse Stromboli
- Farmhouse Meat Marinade
- Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Printable Farmhouse Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all listed ingredients and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Press into 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Spread sauce over the meatloaf and bake for one hour. Drain if needed. Let rest for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.