Soft and creamy with a rich peanut butter flavor and a hint of chocolate this Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is the best sweet treat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Almost like a frosting in consistency this stove top peanut butter fudge has enough chocolate to make me think of buckeye flavors. My husband says this homemade fudge is like a Reese’s peanut butter cup in fudge form.
Only 15 minutes and six simple ingredients peanut butter, marshmallow cream, milk chocolate chips, sugar, evaporated milk and butter and this fudge is done. This recipe calls for evaporated milk and is made without sweetened condensed milk.
Our Easy Buckeye Bars have similar flavors in layers. With this fudge recipe the flavors are uniform and no swirling and no baking are necessary.
In the future I would like to make half of a batch of this peanut butter fudge using white chocolate chips. I imagine it would taste a lot like our White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars which are also heavenly.
- Evaporated milk
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter
- Marshmallow cream
- Milk chocolate chips, optional
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
Prepare a 9 x 13 pan or two 8 x 8 pans with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
Open all peanut butter and marshmallow creme containers removing any seals.
Measure out butter or margarine, evaporated milk and sugar in a 5 quart pan, but do not turn on the heat. Open and measure chocolate chips and set aside.
Microwave jars of peanut butter for 60 to 90 seconds until softened and pourable. Marshmallow fluff or creme can be microwaved for up to 30 seconds to make easier to stir. Marshmallow creme does expand a bit while heating. Mix peanut butter and marshmallow fluff well in a large mixing bowl – at least 6 quarts or bigger.
Turn 5 quart pan to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients have melted.
Once everything is melted together add chocolate chips and bring to a rolling boil. Stir constantly.
Turn down heat to low-medium heat and time for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
Once time is up quickly combine two mixtures and stir vigorously until combined. Once the fudge has been removed from the heat it will set up quickly, so be prepared to keep moving.
Cover and allow to set-up. Fudge will firm up more quickly in a cool place like the garage in the winter or the refrigerator.
Hold on to the edges of parchment paper to remove fudge from the pan and use a bench scraper or long knife to cut up. Store in air tight containers and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Smooth OR crunchy peanut butter works well
- Salted and chopped peanuts and or mini chocolate chips may be sprinkled on top as soon as fudge is poured in pan if desired
- Adding chocolate chips is optional
- Carefully measure sugar and all ingredients so fudge will set-up properly
- Have all containers open, equipment out and be ready to move quickly for best results
- Fudge will set up quickly once removed from the heat so be ready to mix and pour quickly
- Using a bench scraper is an easy way to cut the fudge in or out of the pan
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
No-Bake Oreo Peanut Butter Pie has an Oreo crust with a delicious and creamy peanut butter filling.
Apple Crisp with Peanut Butter Crumble is a fun and tasty twist on a classic recipe.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are another way to mix up a simple cookie tray.
My friend Julie shares her Tiger Butter Butter Fudge that swirls chocolate into peanut butter.
Printable Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups granulated sugar measure carefully
- 40 ounces peanut butter
- 26 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 pound milk chocolate chips optional
- Line with parchment paper or grease two 8" square pans or a 9 x 13" pan.
- Combine peanut butter and marshmallow cream in a large bowl – at least 6 quart or larger. Helps to microwave the jars for a little while before trying to mix together.
- In a 5 quart pan combine butter, milk and sugar. Heat on medium high, stirring constantly. Once this mixture has melted add chocolate chips. Stir constantly until mixture reaches a rolling boil.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and time for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot mixture into bowl with marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Work quickly to stir vigorously until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans. Store in a cool place until set.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.