This Thai Pork Chops with Peanut Butter in the Crockpot recipe is easy, healthy and delicious.
Sweet chili sauce, peanut butter and green onions are the stand out flavors that compliment the tender pork chops. Served over rice this slow cooker meal is an easy way to feed the family!
Thai Pork Chops with Peanut Butter Recipe
Served over rice this thai inspired dish appeals to everyone I have served it it to! The pork chops may be served whole or cut into pieces. Using the crock pot makes meal prep so much easier.
High protein pork chops served with high protein peanut butter are rich and have a unique nutty highlight. The fresh slices of green onion add another bright dimension.
My family needs new dinner ideas and I’ve heard from a few people lately that this Easy Thai Pork with Peanut Butter in the Crock Pot is easy, delicious and healthy.
This sounds like the perfect trifecta we look for in a new meal idea. So I put their recommendations to the test and we AGREE. This recipe is a keeper!
Pork and Rice is a Great Value
Pork loin has been on sale for $.99 to $1.99 per pound lately. That’s a value that’s hard to beat!
This peanut sauce is so EASY and adds a great unique flavor to the pork and rice.
I usually pick up half of a pork loin that weighs about 5 pounds. Then I ask the people at the meat counter to slice 3/4″ to 1″ thick pork chops.
A few extra chops can be put them in the freezer for a future meal if necessary. The remainder of the roast is best cut into very thick chops for this recipe.
This peanut butter sauce tastes great over white rice, brown rice or rice pilaf. Whole grain brown rice is a bit healthier than white rice.
We love the flavor combinations in this meal. Our son is a bit of a picky eater and even ate this meal, so that’s another win for the family!
How to Make Pork Chops Tender in the Crock Pot
Thick pork chops cooked on low for a shorter amount of time will be more tender in the crock pot
Pork chops are done when checked the internal temperature on the chops and found a reading of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. The further past this internal temperature they get the tenderness will decrease.
Our chops cook in the slow cooker on low for three hours when I remove them from the sauce to add peanut butter.
Thick chops will taste better than thin pork chops in a low and slow cooking method.
We use and enjoy this slow cooker.
- Pork chops
- Peanut butter
- Asian chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Green onions
- Peanuts for an optional garnish
How Long to Cook Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker
Pork chops that are at least 3/4 inch thick cook on low in the crock pot for two to three hours.
The longer pork chops cook in the crock pot the less tender they tend to be. So take care not to leave pork chops in all day.
How to Make Pork Chops with Peanut Butter
Grease or line a crock and lay chops in as even a layer as possible.
Mix together sauce ingredients and pour over pork chops.
Cook on low until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the chops reads 145°F.
Remove pork chops from the crock.
Add peanut butter to the sauce and stir until melted.
Return pork chops to the sauce and bathe in the peanut butter sauce.
Serve warm over rice and enjoy!
Pork Chops & Peanut Butter in the Oven
These pork chops can also be baked in a 350°F oven on a sheet pan until a digital meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 145°F. This takes about 10 – 13 minutes with one flip. More details are here in our tender Oven Baked Pork Chops recipe.
The sauce can be warmed in a glass dish on the same sheet pan and the peanut butter stirred in once removed from the oven. Pour sauce over chops and enjoy!
Other Easy Crock Pot Meals:
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Meatloaf is just a moist and delicious way to make meatloaf that the whole family will enjoy.
- Crock Pot Stew Meat and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce is one of our favorite ways to use beef stew meat.
- No Peek Country Style Ribs in the Crock Pot makes pork ribs in gravy and rice that is easy and tasty.
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole makes creamy shredded chicken and stirs in bow tie pasta.
- Crock Pot Swiss Chicken & Stuffing Casserole is comfort food with chicken and dressing that will warm you up on a cold day.
We hope you enjoy these easy meals as much as we do!
Printable Thai Pork Chops Recipe:
Thai Pork Chops with Peanut Butter
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast trimmed and cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts diced, optional
- Use liner or coat Crock Pot with cooking spray. Arrange pork chops in as much of a single layer as possible.
- Mix together chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and garlic and pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork tender. Chops are done in about 2 – 3 hours until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°F.
- Remove the pork from the cooker and coarsely dice. Add the peanut butter to the sauce in the crock and stir well to dissolve it.
- Return the pork to the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve in shallow bowls (over rice if desired) and garnish each serving with some of the green onions and peanuts.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally published January 1, 2018 and updated on March 24, 2022.