A few simple ingredients mix together to make a wonderful flavor combination in this Pasta with Bacon recipe that we crave!
Smoky and salty bacon perfectly compliments cheesy pasta coated in Alfredo sauce and finished off with sautéed brussels sprouts.
This pasta dish also reminds me of our super delicious Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake and Alfredo and Veggie Stuffed Shells. If you love creamy pasta dishes give these a try too!
Pasta with Bacon Recipe
This Pasta with Bacon in Cream Sauce and Brussel Sprouts recipe is so delicious that we’ve made it twice in the past week! White alfredo sauce and shredded Parmesan cheese finish off a delicious pasta dish.
The brussels sprouts begin earthy and bitter and sweeten as they sauté in a dash of oil. Season the veggies with salt and pepper for the the crunchy balance to the rich bacon and tender, creamy pasta.
Every time I go to box up the leftovers after dinner I find myself snacking. There’s a little magic in the combination here that is hard to describe, but oh so easy to enjoy!
Not quite as fancy as our copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Bacon Carbonara, but with fewer steps we love to make this restaurant quality meal at home.
Our Baked Alfredo Spaghetti is another way to level up your pasta game with common ingredients at home. Since this recipe saves money and can be made in under 30 minutes we love it!
Why This Recipe Works:
- The combination of creamy and smoky flavors are delicious!
- Meal can be made in under 30 minutes
- It’s easy to make extra pasta if the kids prefer to eat some plain
- Leftovers reheat well to make a quick lunch to take to work
- My kids enjoy these leftovers cold, so they can pack some in their school lunch
- Penne Pasta – is our favorite, but other simple shapes work fine too
- Alfredo Sauce – we like the refrigerated sauce the best, but a jar works fine to save a little money
- Bacon – thick cut and coarsely chopped will ensure maximum meaty flavor
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese – adds a salty richness to the pasta
- Brussels Sprouts – add a bitter flavor dimension and some fiber, sautéing makes them a little crispy and blackened on the edges which tastes even better
Can Peas Be Used?
Peas can be added to the pasta 1-2 minutes before it’s done cooking. Drain the water and stir in the alfredo sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and bacon and enjoy!
A green vegetable with earthy flavors compliments the bacon so well. We love the roasted or sautéed flavor of heartier pieces of brussels sprouts, but a bag of frozen peas will work just fine too.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Buy brussels sprouts halves and precooked bacon crumbles to save time
- Grated parmesan cheese can be stirred in with the Alfredo if desired
- We like to use a container of purchased Alfredo, but it can be homemade like in our Alfredo Spaghetti if you like
- We like to bake bacon on a wire rack on a large baking sheet at 375F for 12 – 15 minutes until crispy and use leftovers for breakfast throughout the week
- Mushrooms could also be sautéed with the brussel sprouts for 4-5 minutes
- Chicken can easily be added to make this dish even heartier too
- Since bacon tastes great in so many meals like our Bacon Breakfast Casserole and Bacon and Cheese Loaded Fries I’ll often pick up a bigger pack. When you purchase a bigger package it’s typically cheaper per ounce in the long run.
Step By Step Instructions
In a skillet over medium high heat add olive oil and brussel sprouts that have been cut in half or quartered.
Quarters will cook a bit faster than halves.
Sautéing will take about 8 to 12 minutes. The edges will begin to darken, but should not burn.
Cook pasta to al dente and drain.
Stir in alfredo sauce.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
I like a thick layer!
Vegetables and bacon can be stirred in the sauce or layered on top. This is personal preference.
My kids tend to eat food that isn’t mixed together more easily.
Mix up in the skillet to keep warm or spoon into a serving dish and enjoy right away!
We’ve also made this bacon and pasta recipes with mushrooms which is also a wonderful dish!
More Easy Recipes with Pasta:
- Hamburger and Noodle Casserole is so popular and tastes great with noodles or pasta!
- Easy Mexican Casserole is so good plain or decked out with all the fixings.
- Cream Cheese and Ground Beef Stuffed Shells is another dish that’s rich with flavor and a little twist on a classic meal.
- Pesto Pasta Salad from my friend at Southern Food & Fun.
Creamy Pasta with Bacon
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts quartered
- 5 strips thick cut bacon cooked & chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 15 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Sauté Brussel sprouts in hot olive oil for 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a large bow stir together Alfredo sauce, pasta and Brussel sprouts. Sprinkle bacon and parmesan cheese on top.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally published October 29, 2017 with pictures updated on March 15, 2023
Leave a Reply