A friend shared this recipe for the Best Strawberry Muffins. These muffins are so easy to make and taste great with fresh picked or store bought strawberries! This fresh treat is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Easy Strawberry Muffins
With growing kids, we’re always looking for easy breakfast and snack foods. These Strawberry Muffins fit the bill perfectly! Fresh strawberries are the only ingredient in this recipe that we don’t always have on hand. Otherwise simple ingredients mix up quickly to make moist and delicious muffins.
Fresh, ripe strawberries need to be washed and slightly mashed before mixing other ingredients in. I like that this recipe is small enough and easy enough to mix up by hand. After trying a few different tools to mash strawberries I found a fork works best for me.
We also love the combination of fresh fruit and oatmeal in our Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins.
Another muffin using fresh produce is our Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Muffins. The filling is so rich and delicious!
Should I Buy Produce at the Grocery Store?
I just made these for the first time in Ohio in March when the only strawberries available were from the grocery store and I was skeptical how flavorful they would be. When this recipe turned out tasting so good with strawberries from the grocery store that were grown in much warmer climates I was reminded how amazing our food system is.
I’m grateful that we can have access to fresh fruits and vegetables that can only be grown for a small portion of the year in our climate. While I understand it takes some time and resources to transport produce, I know that we have technology that logistics experts use to make the process as efficient as possible.
In 2007 I got to participate in an Ohio agriculture leadership program where we spent two weeks in the central valley of California where lots of produce is grown. I don’t specifically remember details, but I know that produce is harvested, washed and shipped around the country very quickly. They’ve got this down to a science.
I look forward to picking fresh strawberries with my kids and making the Best Strawberry Muffins again much closer to summer. Until then we’re glad to make them with strawberries from the grocery store.
Here are a few other of our family’s favorite brunch recipes. We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- Blueberry Muffins Farmhouse Style
- Banana Jumbos
- Easy Egg & Sausage Casserole
- Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins
- Easy Banana Nut Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Applesauce
- Best All-Bran Muffins
Printable Recipe for Easy Strawberry Muffins
Best Strawberry Muffins
- 2 cups fresh strawberries coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare muffin pans with 12 – 15 liners or grease well.
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and use a fork to slightly smash the berries.
- Complete all of the mixing by hand. Add sugar and eggs to berries and mix well. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Add remaining and continue stirring gently until everything is mixed.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Smaller muffins are done in 12 minutes. Larger muffins can take up 17 minutes. Use a toothpick to confirm doneness. Makes 12 – 15 muffins.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can these be frozen after baking?
Jennifer @ Plowing Through Life
Yes! Freeze in an airtight bag or container :). Hope you enjoy the recipe!