- These twice baked, loaded potatoes are AMAZING! As farmers, we’ve enjoyed many meals with meat and potatoes and this loaded potato recipe is by far my favorite potato recipe!
My sister-in-law makes these Farmhouse Loaded Potatoes for family gatherings and they always disappear very fast! I liked them so much at the last family meal I got a second serving of potatoes instead of dessert. And I LOVE chocolate, so that’s a big statement!
Tips for Making Loaded Baked Potatoes
For some reason, I’ve been too intimidated to make twice baked potatoes, but these were not difficult at all. Here are some tips to make the process as easy as possible:
-Avoid using oil when baking potatoes because oil prevents the crust from becoming crispy
-Fill potatoes the day before your meal, cover loosely and refrigerate overnight
-Double or triple the recipe and freeze extras for a tasty treat anytime
-Scoop as much meat out of each potato as possible
-Make sure cream cheese has softened before adding to filling
-Soften or melt butter for ease of mixing
-I like smoked paprika just as much or more than regular paprika
-This recipe is even easier if your husband or friend scoops out the baked potatoes
Ingredients Needed to Make Loaded Potatoes:
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Minced Onion
- Parsley Flakes
These are the creamiest, cheesiest, potatoes I’ve had at home. They are definitely equivalent to great loaded potatoes at high-end restaurants!
Here are other tried and true potato recipes that our family loves:
- Red Potato Ranch Casserole
- Bacon Potato Puff
- Crock Pot Loaded Red Potatoes
- Farmhouse Loaded Potatoes
- Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes
We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Printable Farmhouse Loaded Potato Recipe
Farmhouse Loaded Potatoes
- 4 long potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz cream cheese cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and dry potatoes. Poke fork in each potato 3-4 times. Place on cookie sheet in oven for 1 hour.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potatoes with a spoon. Scoop as much as possible without tearing skin.
- Combine potatoes with butter, salt & garlic powder. Mash adding enough milk to make fluffy. Start with 2 tablespoons of milk and add more as needed.
- Fold in cream cheese, onion and parsley.
- Return to baking sheet. Spoon potato mixture lightly into potato shells. Dust with paprika. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- To Serve: Heat potatoes at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 8 servings.