Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars
The cinnamon-sugar topping on Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars reminds me of an elephant ear or churros. These dessert bars are much easier to make at home and have a layer of cream cheese for extra goodness!
Servings 15 bars
9x13 Baking Dish
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread one package of crescent roll dough across an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
Beat two packages of cream cheese with one cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Spread mixture over rolls.
Spread out second package of crescent rolls and lay on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Melt butter and spread evenly over the top.
Mix cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar and sprinkle over top.
Bake at 350° for 25 - 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Cool completely before cutting. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store extras in the refrigerator.
- Let cream cheese soften so it's easier to mix and spread
- Sheets of crescent dough
- When pouring butter over the top be sure it's spread evenly, we use a basting brush to spread the melted butter around
- Ensure there are no pools of butter, keep spreading it out if butter puddles exist - this will make a more uniform looking top crust
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture with your fingers evenly across the melted butter
- Store extras in the refrigerator
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 594IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg