Cheerio and M&M Cereal Bars
Our family loves dressing up classic Cheerios cereal with M&Ms, peanut butter and marshmallows to make super easy Cheerio and M&M Cereal Bars! Cereal bars are perfect for breakfast and snacks.
Servings 20 cereal bars
9x13 Baking Dish
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 10 ounces M&Ms
Place butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave for one minute.
Quickly stir in peanut butter and remaining ingredients in the order listed.
Add Cheerios and mix, then add M&Ms and mix.
Use wet fingers to press into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle a few M&Ms on top and press into cereal bar mixture if desired.
- Have all ingredients measured out before starting the microwave because the marshmallows will set up fairly quickly
- We like to reserve a few M&Ms to sprinkle on top, but they must be added and pressed down quickly to stick
- Regular or Honey Nut Cheerios work well in this recipe
- Make sure cereal is fresh, I may have used slightly stale cereal before which makes the bars taste stale
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 257IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg