Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Potato Casserole
Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Potato Casserole is a combination of one of our favorite meats and our best potato casserole! We created this easy smoked sausage recipe that our family really enjoys eating for dinner! The men especially love the smoked sausage and potato dish.
Servings 8 servings
9x13 Baking Dish
- 1 package shredded hash browns 26 ounce bag
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10.5 ounce cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
Pour hashbrowns into a large mixing bowl.
Spread sour cream and cream of mushroom soup over hashbrowns. Season with salt and pepper by sprinkling over the top. Stir well.
Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and stir well.
Spread in the bottom of greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes at 350ºF
Add remaining cup of cheddar cheese and sliced smoked sausage. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the casserole is heated through and all of the cheese is melted well.
- Make sure frozen shredded hash browns separate easily, frozen clumps will take longer to bake, so I use a butter knife to break up if necessary
- Use a large bowl to mix the ingredients in, mixing these ingredients takes a lot of space
- Recipe can easily be divided in half by using a smaller pan or decreasing baking time in the same size pan
- Extra cubed cheese can be used in place of shredded if you have extra from a cheese tray or party
- Sausage can be sliced however you like
- Casserole makes great freezer meals and reheats well for quick lunches throughout the week
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1331mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 604IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 347mg | Iron: 2mg