Classic Monster Cookies
I always look forward to enjoying a couple soft and chewy Monster Cookies at Christmas and big family parties! Flourless Monster Cookies are the BEST when each bite is filled with oatmeal, M&Ms, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
Servings 45 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups quick oats *to make recipe gluten-free, must purchase gluten-free oats
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips 1/2 a bag
- 6 ounces M&Ms
Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs.
Add peanut butter, Karo syrup and vanilla.
Mix in baking soda and quick oats. Make sure soda is mixed evenly throughout the dough.
Gently fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
Drop by tablespoon or cookie scoop onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Use softened, but not melted butter
- Use butter not margarine for the best flavor
- Quick oats or minute oats are a must - using old fashioned oats would totally change the texture and balance of the recipe
- As tempting as it may be, do NOT add extra M&Ms - the cookies won't stick together and have the right balance if you do
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips will work fine, our family prefers milk chocolate
- Purchase gluten-free oats to make this a gluten-free recipe
- Recipe can be doubled if you have a mixing bowl that can hold all of the ingredients
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 96IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg