Egg, Sausage and Brioche Breakfast Casserole
Brioche bread and maple sausage make a sweet and easy twist on a classic breakfast casserole. Egg, Sausage and Brioche Breakfast Casserole can be baked immediately or made ahead as an overnight casserole. This recipe is sure to draw people out of bed and start the day well!
Servings 15 servings
- 10 eggs
- 1 pound maple sausage cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/4 cups colby jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 3 slices brioche bread cubed & dried
- 2 1/4 cups milk
Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl scramble eggs with a fork or whisk.
Stir remaining ingredients into eggs.
Pour in baking pan and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until center of casserole is set.
- Make sure bread has been dried out before adding to the casserole
- I like to dry bread by leaving out on the counter for the day, but a broiler or toaster can be used
- If bread is not dried the casserole is more likely to be soggy
- Scramble eggs before mixing together with other ingredients
- Sausage may add enough flavor so make the salt is needed before adding
- We prefer Colby jack cheese with a more mild flavor since the brioche bread and sausage bring such distinct flavors
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg