Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Applesauce
Our entire family LOVES these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Applesauce! My son makes them himself and eats the chocolate pumpkin treat for breakfast, snacks and dessert. We've had a family debate about whether they are pumpkin muffins or pumpkin cupcakes.
Servings 24 muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounce can of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce I prefer unsweetened
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips divided
Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and applesauce together until smooth
In a separate bowl combine together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
Slowly add to the first mixture, beat only until mixed.
Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top before baking OR halfway through baking to help prevent chips from burning.
Bake at 400°F for 18 - 20 minutes.
- To make more of a dessert sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top
- These muffins are very moist because they contain pureed pumpkin and applesauce
- Store in the refrigerator to increase shelf life
- Muffins are done when they no longer look sticky on top
- Cool on a wire rack
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 3008IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg