Chicken and Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Chicken casserole with potatoes and loaded with cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions make a delicious and filling meal. Chicken and Twice Baked Potato Casserole casserole can feed a crowd at potlucks, make freezer meals or extra lunches for your family.
Servings 12 people
- 3 - 4 pounds unpeeled potatoes baked I prefer Yukon Gold - about 10 medium potatoes
- 2 cups chicken cubed in bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Cut warm potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
Place half of potatoes in baking dish.
Stir salt and pepper into sour cream.
Spread half of sour cream, cheeses, chicken and bacon on potatoes.
Repeat layers and bak uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and entire dish is warm.
Sprinkle with onions and enjoy!
- Use WARM already baked potatoes, do not use raw potatoes!
- I love Yukon Gold potatoes because they have a thin skin that doesn't need to be peeled
- Use cooked chicken and bacon to mix in the casserole
- Stir seasonings into sour cream to ensure as even of a distribution as possible
- If using leftover baked potatoes warm before adding to the casserole
- Bacon bits can easily be used in place of cooked bacon
- I like to shred my own cheese, but pre-shredded works fine when time doesn't permit hand shredding
- Ingredients can be stirred using a mixer to better blend all flavors, reserve half of bacon and cheese to sprinkle on top
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 505mg | Potassium: 1246mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 502IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 9mg