Basic Oven Baked Pork Chops
These tender baked pork chops with a great flavor are juicy and very enjoyable. Our family loves how quick and easy it is to make these Basic Baked Pork Chops with just a few spices. Serve with mashed potatoes and frozen vegetables for a perfect Sunday dinner or an easy meal that can be made any day of the week!
Servings 4 people
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
Allow pork chops to come to room temperature while following all food safety guidelines.
Preheat oven to 350° F and mix spices together,
Arrange pork chops on a single layer and season both sides.
Bake for 7 minutes and flip once. Check temperature with a digital meat thermometer. Bake for an additional 4 - 8 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145° F. Take out of oven and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Make sure the thermometer does not touch the bone
- Make sure the thermometer is surrounded by meat on all side so it's not touching the pan or the air
- Digital thermometers work MUCH better than instant-read thermometers that are cheaper and may not give an accurate reading
- Pork chops cooked to 145º F are tender, juicy and easy to chew
- Pork chops cooked to 145º F may have a BLUSH of pink in the center
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 581mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg