Orange Cake with Pineapple Icing
Our Orange Cake with Pineapple Icing is fluffy, fruity and super delicious! A box of cake mix with oranges added and three light ingredients mixed together for the icing is a very light and refreshing dessert!
Servings 15 people
- 1 box yellow butter cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, undrained equals about 1 cup
- 1 container whipped topping
- 1 large can crushed pineapple in natural juices
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding
- mandarin oranges, drained for garnish optional
Spray non-stick cooking spray on a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 can of mandarin oranges and mix well. Make for 25 - 30 minutes until set. Let cool.
Combine whipped topping, pudding mix and pineapple, stir well. Spread over cake and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
- Do not drain oranges or pineapple used in the cake or icing because the juice makes this cake so moist and delicious
- Defrost whipped topping in the refrigerator before using - I try to move cool whip from the freezer to the fridge 12 to 24 hours before making the recipe
- Allow cake to cool so that the whipped topping doesn't get runny
- If garnishing with oranges I only use drained oranges for decorative purposes
- This recipe can also be made with 3 greased and floured round pans lined with wax paper
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 366IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg