O'Henry Bars are the perfect combination of a candy bar and a granola bar. A sweet oat and peanut butter mixture topped with chocolate are great for a potluck, carry-in or family meal dessert. The kids love eating these bars for a snack too!
Servings 15 pieces
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 15" jelly roll pan. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips well.
Press into greased pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Bake additional 5 - 7 minutes until chocolate melts. Use butter knife to spread chocolate evenly over the top or swirl.
Cut into squares while warm.
- Old fashioned oats taste much better in this recipe than quick oats.
- 6 cups of oats is roughly equal to a small canister of oats.
- We prefer smooth peanut butter, but crunchy would work fine.
- Either light or dark corn syrup will work fine in this recipe.
- I like mini chocolate chips because they melt more quickly and spread more easily, but regular sized chips will also work well.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 279IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg