Corn Scallop Country Style
Scalloped Corn is a classic side dish at holiday meals and everyday family meals. Our farm family loves corn and potato casseroles and this is one of those vintage recipes we will always cherish! Scalloped corn casserole is so easy to make and tastes great!
Servings 12 people
8 x 8" Baking Dish
- 16 ounce can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounce can cream style corn
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups soda crackers coarsely crushed
- 12 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and preheat oven to 325°F.
Drain liquid from whole kernel corn and reserve. Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl; stir in kernel corn and 1/4 cup reserved liquid.
Add cream style corn, evaporated milk, melted butter, onion, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Fold in crackers and cheese.
Spoon into greased baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups of crushed crackers is about 1 1/4 sleeves of soda or saltine crackers
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 499mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 272mg | Iron: 1mg