Best Instant Pot Mozzarella Chicken
Are you looking for an easy Instant Pot chicken recipe? This is the Best Instant Pot Mozzarella Chicken is a regular on our family's table because it is so EASY and the chicken is juicy, tender and delicious!
Servings 3 people
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3 chicken breasts boneless & trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
Set Instant Pot on saute setting. Add oil. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until the onions are tender.
Pour broth and vinegar over vegetables. Add fresh or thawed chicken breasts to the Instant Pot and spread evenly over the pot. Lock lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes.
Remove lid and add slices of mozzarella to the top of the chicken. Replace lid and allow the cheese to melt about 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
- Fully defrosted chicken breasts work best in this recipe
- Set chicken out of the refrigerator for about 30 minutes prior to cooking to come to room temperature
- If omitting mushrooms and onions cook chicken on the trivet
- Always use natural release when cooking fresh meat
- Wait until pressure cooking time is over before adding cheese, return the lid to seal in heat and allow cheese melt
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 1206mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2mg