Open-Faced Italian BLT
If you're craving a BLT without mayonnaise, this Open-Faced Italian BLT will really hit the spot! This easy spin on a BLT recipe is a perfect appetizer, party food or light lunch. The combination of fresh vegetables, bacon, cheese and sweet glaze is amazing!
Servings 4 people
- 11.75 ounce frozen garlic bread
- 6 slices smoke flavored provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic reduction
Cook garlic bread according to directions on the package.
Cover each half of garlic bread with slices of provolone. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
Add layers of lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Sprinkle basil and drizzle balsamic reduction. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are warmed.
Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1555mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 939IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 1mg