Pay Day Crunch
Pay Day Crunch is a peanut-filled snack or dessert that is sweet, crunchy and satisfying. This treat is great for family parties, tailgates, watching baseball games, races or other sporting events.
Servings 20 pieces
- 1 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
Put cereal and peanuts in a large bowl. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil.
Bring Karo syrup, sugar and peanut butter to a boil over medium heat. Boil for one minute. Add vanilla and stir well.
Pour over over cereal and nuts. Stir to coat. Pour into foil lined pan. Cool. Break or cut into chunks.
- When bringing the syrup, sugar, butter, and peanut butter to a boil stay close to the oven and stir frequently to prevent burning
- Pour hot mixture over peanuts and cereal in a separate bowl as opposed to adding ingredients to the pan on the oven
- Have spoon close by and be ready to stir quickly as this recipe will begin to set up fairly quickly
- Smooth in foil-lined pan and avoid pushing too hard as that can make the rice Chex cereal break
- Lift up on foil to remove the crunch from the pan to cut or break up
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg