Cheesy Broccoli Casserole - Farmhouse Style
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is a basic side dish that tastes great because it's full of flavor. Vegetables, rice and cheese are topped with buttery crackers.
Servings 6 people
- 1 large bag frozen broccoli we prefer microwave
- 1/2 cup dry rice cooked
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
Cook broccoli, but do not overcook. Drain well. Add cooked rice to broccoli with 1/2 stick of softened or melted butter. Add mushroom soup, pepper and cheese.
Mix well and put in a greased 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Mix cracker crumbs and 1/2 stick melted butter. Sprinkle over top of casserole and bake at 325 F for 30 minutes.
- Cook broccoli before adding to the casserole - we prefer the microwave steamable bags
- Prepare rice before adding to the casserole - do NOT add uncooked rice
- Either instant rice or conventional rice is fine as long as it has been cooked
- If broccoli pieces are large, the dish may be easier to eat if the broccoli is cut up to a smaller bite size
- The name brand Ritz crackers are delicious, but we often use the store brand and enjoy those at a discounted price
- Crush crackers into evenly sized pieces
- Mixing melted butter and cracker crumbs together and sprinkling over the dish works better for me than spreading cracker crumbs and drizzling with butter, but do what works best for you
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 754IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1mg