Crock Pot Fiesta Scalloped Potatoes
Are you looking for a crock pot potato recipe with a little kick? This Crock Pot Fiesta Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a combination of thinly sliced potatoes and onions topped with fiesta cheese soup for a creamy and delicious side dish.
Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce can Fiesta cheese soup
Wash and slice potatoes. If not using Yukon gold potatoes should be peeled. Mix cream of tartar in one cup of water. Run potatoes through the water bath.
Layer half of the potatoes in a greased crock. Layer half of onions on the potatoes.
Mix flour, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle half on top of potatoes and onions.
Add remaining potatoes and onions in layers to the crock. Top with remaining flour. Cut butter into slices and add to the top of the crock. Pour undiluted can of cheese on top of crock pot. Cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- This recipe can be made with any can of undiluted soup - if you like mushrooms use cream of mushroom
- For extra cheesy potatoes add a few slices of American cheese on top once the potatoes are tender
- Ensure potatoes slices are similar thickness so that they cook evenly
- I like Yukon Gold potatoes because no peeling is required, but I always wash any variety of potatoes
- Slow cooker liners make clean up much easier
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 4mg