Glazed Rum Bundt Cake
Are you looking for an easy bundt cake from a box of yellow cake mix? Our Glazed Rum Bundt Cake is a light cake that is good on the palate! #easycake #bundtcake
Servings 8 people
Rum Bundt Cake
- 1 box golden cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecans optional - I don't use
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup water
Mix all cake ingredients and beat 2-3 minutes. Pour into a greased bundt pan or tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 - 55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Mix all glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Boil for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
Leave cake in pan and spoon glaze over cake very slowly, as soon as it comes out of the oven. Let cake cool and absorb the glaze for 30 minutes before flipping the pan over to remove the cake.
- Slowly pour the warm glaze over the cake while still in the pan
- Allow the cake to sit in the pan and soak up the glaze for 30 minutes
- Place a plate or cake stand upside down on top of the pan before flipping it over to release the cake
- If glaze is remaining gently drizzle it over the cake or reserve to dip your piece of cake in
Calories: 680kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 53g | Vitamin A: 472IU | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 2mg