Instant Pot Chicken and Bacon Carbonara
I crave the chicken carbonara at Olive Garden and I wanted to create an easier recipe that could made at home to save money. This Instant Pot Chicken and Bacon Carbonara tastes great and is an easy dinner recipe! #instantpotchicken #easyrecipe
Servings 6 people
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 - 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Toss the chicken pieces in flour.
In the Instant Pot, turn on the saute setting, add the butter and vegetable oil. When the fats are hot add the garlic and floured chicken to the pot.
Cook the chicken. If necessary cook in batches adding more butter and oil as needed.
Return cooked chicken to the Instant Pot. Top the chicken with pasta and then pour the broth over the pasta. Be sure to add the liquid last!
Lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. When the timer sounds, let natural release for 8 minutes.
Stir the contents of the pot, then add the cream, Parmesan, peas and bacon. Garnish pasta with bacon and Parmesan if desired.
- Chicken can be cooked in batches, but I prefer to use chicken that covers the bottom of the Instant Pot in one layer. Cooking in batches takes more time and I like to make it quick!
- Using a jar of minced garlic can save time, but fresh garlic works well too.
- Follow all food safety guidelines and let ingredients get closer to room temperature to speed up cooking time
- Frozen peas and dairy products should be added AFTER the pressure cooking is done. Adding peas, whipping cream and cheese to a hot mixture will cook them almost immediately.
- Use the natural release for at least 8 minutes to help keep the chicken tender. Using the quick release can make meat tough.
- Return the lid to the pressure cooker and leave on keep warm for up to 30 minutes until you are ready to enjoy!
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 1284kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 83g | Fat: 73g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Cholesterol: 339mg | Sodium: 1321mg | Potassium: 1452mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1772IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 321mg | Iron: 3mg