The Best Rich and Moist Chocolate Cake
Are you craving a delicious chocolate cake? This is the BEST rich and moist chocolate cake from a box mix that is unbelievably EASY to make! This is a bakery quality cake that anyone can make at home with common ingredients! #chocolatecake #easycake
Servings 15 pieces
White Baking Dish
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips well. Then gently fold in chips.
I always use a 9 x 13 pan, by 2 - 9 inch round pans can also be used. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix ingredients very well before adding chocolate chips
- Be careful not to add liquids to pudding mix only as it can begin to set up like pudding
- The pudding makes this cake so moist, but it also means the cake takes longer than normal to bake
- Baking times vary, so I use a toothpick to test the cake a couple times to prevent burning
- Cake can be made in two 9 inch pans or in a 9 x 13-inch pan
- I always use 1 1/2 to 2 cans of store bought icing to save time, but feel free to make homemade icing
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 168IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3mg