Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Do you love chocolate covered strawberries and cake? This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake is a perfect blend of these classic flavors! This is an easy cake that starts with a box mix, but is fancy enough to impress the special people you serve it to! #easycake #chocolatecoveredstrawberry
Servings 12 people
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 small package instant white chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 8 ounce whipped topping
- 1 jar hot fudge
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
Mix cake ingredients and then fold in chocolate chips.
Use a 9 x 13 pan or 2-9 inch pans for a layered cake.
Bake 30 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Let cake cool. Spread whipped topping over cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped strawberries and drizzle with hot fudge.
- Tips for Making Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
- If spreading whipped topping over cake cool completely to prevent whipped topping from melting.
- If serving warm (which is delicious) served whipped topping and strawberries on the side, to prevent melting. Drizzle with hot fudge.
- Store in the refrigerator, but plan to use quickly.
- Keep the mixing process moving so the cake doesn’t have an extended period of time to set up like pudding prior to baking.
- Different brands of cake mix take different amounts of time to bake, so check early and often to avoid burning. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Keep the cake moist by covering the cake with plastic wrap shortly after it’s been removed from the oven - this will help keep moisture in the keep as it cools.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 242IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg