Best Instant Pot Pulled Pork
We love making the Best Instant Pot Pulled Pork for meal prep meals in our house! Adding bbq sauce for sliders, making loaded baked potatoes and nachos are all family favorite meals. Pulled pork gives us so many dinner options at a great value!
Servings 10 people
- 2/3 cup soda we like cherry Coke or Pepsi
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 ounces BBQ seasoning or seasoned salt we like the 2 ounce McCormick applewood seasoning
- 4 to 7 pound pork shoulder or pork butt
Pour liquids in Instant Pot. Rub seasoning on pork shoulder roast and add to Instant Pot.
Seal Instant Pot lid in the locked position. If meat came straight out of the refrigerator pressure cook for 30 minutes per pound. If meat sat on the counter (following food safety guidelines) to decrease chill, pressure cook for 25 minutes per pound.
Allow Instant Pot to natural release. Remove lid. Pork should shred easily with two forks. If it doesn't return the lid to lock position and pressure cook for another 20 minutes. Continue to do so until the roast is done and shreds easily.
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1267mg | Potassium: 624mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg