Easy Instant Pot Smoked Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
Do you have a hankering for a classic meal that can be put together in less than 15 minutes? Green beans, sweet potatoes, and smoked sausage is the perfect combination to make a quick meal in the Instant Pot.
Servings 4 people
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Turn 6 quart Instant Pot on saute setting. Add oil. While pot is warming, cut sausage in half lengthwise and then cut into largest sections that will fit in the Instant Pot.
Saute sausage until lightly browned. Remove and set on plate.
Add chicken broth, cut potatoes and green beans to Instant Pot. Seal and pressure cook for two minutes. When the timer sounds perform a quick release to remove all pressure.
Add sausage to pot and serve warm
Browning sausage is optional, but browning does add flavor.
Any kind of liquid will work, but chicken broth adds the most flavor to the potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces so they can cook in 2 minutes
- Use only frozen green beans, avoid canned beans because Instant Pot will obliterate them.
- We like Italian cut green beans because they are bigger, so they can cook together with the potatoes.
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1137mg | Potassium: 798mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 16619IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg