Banana Split Cake
Do you love a perfectly light and delicious dessert? This Banana Split Cake is the perfect fruity and creamy dessert for an office party, gathering with friends or potluck. This recipe has been in our family for years for good reason!
Servings 15 servings
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafers
- 1 stick butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 bananas sliced
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 12 ounces whipped cream
- pecans optional
- maraschino cherries optional
Crush vanilla wafers and mix with one stick of melted butter. Spread in bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool.
Tips for Making Banana Split Cake
- Plan ahead to have whipped topping and cream cheese softened.
- Crush vanilla wafers by putting 5-10 cookies in a gallon-sized bag and crush with a rolling pin. Repeat until you have 2 1/2 cups.
- Make the dish in stages if necessary. The crust can be made and covered until the other layers are ready.
- I slice the bananas right onto the cream cheese layer to save time and it works well for me.
- Since bananas are highly perishable plan to eat or share this dish within a day or two.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 784IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg