Farmhouse Loaded Potatoes
These creamy loaded potatoes are twice baked and topped with lots of cheese. This recipe is great for big family meals and anywhere else that you want to impress people with a delicious dish!
Servings 8 people
- 4 long potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz cream cheese cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and dry potatoes. Poke fork in each potato 3-4 times. Place on cookie sheet in oven for 1 hour.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potatoes with a spoon. Scoop as much as possible without tearing skin.
Combine potatoes with butter, salt & garlic powder. Mash adding enough milk to make fluffy. Start with 2 tablespoons of milk and add more as needed.
Fold in cream cheese, onion and parsley.
Return to baking sheet. Spoon potato mixture lightly into potato shells. Dust with paprika. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
To Serve: Heat potatoes at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 8 servings.
- Avoid using too much oil when baking potatoes because oil can prevent the crust of the potato from becoming crispy
- Fill potatoes the day before your meal, cover loosely and refrigerate overnight
- Double or triple the recipe and freeze extras for a tasty treat anytime
- Scoop as much meat out of each potato as possible without putting a hole or tear in the potato skin
- Soften cream cheese and soften or melt the butter before adding to filling
- Smoked paprika tastes just as good or better than regular paprika
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 649IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg