Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
Sweet dried cranberries, crunchy carrots, and tart apples mix perfectly with a light dressing into this Chicken and Wild Rice Salad recipe.
Servings 8 servings
- 6 ounce package wild rice mix uncooked
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded & chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 medium carrot grated or diced
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 2 ounces sliced almonds lightly toasted
Cook rice according to package directions. Cool.
In a large mixing bowl stir together chicken, rice, cranberries, apple and carrot.
Add dressing ingredients and stir well again.
Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Sprinkle almonds on top just before serving.
- We like using a box of rice a roni wild rice mix
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1341IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg