Christmas Pretzel M&M Hugs
An easy recipe to add to any homemade holiday gift, these sweet and salty Christmas Pretzel M&M Hugs are irresistible. The combination of Hershey's Hugs softened on square pretzels with an M&M on top is decorative and delicious!
Servings 96 treats
- 96 square pretzels
- 96 hugs
- 96 M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350°F and unwrap hugs candy.
Line a baking sheet with a non-stick cover or parchment paper. Arrange pretzels in a single, flat layer.
Set one hug with the flat side down in the center of each pretzel. Take care transport hugs on pretzels to the oven without bumping or jiggling so that hugs stay centered on the pretzels.
When hugs are in the oven don't walk away and check often over the course of about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Once hugs are a bit shinny and have begun to soften remove from the oven and place 1 M&M in the center of each hug.
Gently push down to help place the M&M as desired.Allow to cool then store in an airtight bag in a cool place.
- Use a fresh, brand new bag of pretzels for fresh treats
- Have a damp dish cloth nearby to clean up fingers and avoid spreading melted chocolate
- For maximum freshness enjoy pretzel hugs within 2 - 3 days
- Small batches are easier for kids to manage and less stressful to make
- Parchment paper makes clean-up easy, but the treats will slip around a little bit, a non-stick mat can be a bit easier to use
- Hugs can be softened in the microwave in small batches, but we prefer the oven for more even heating
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg