Baked Beans for a Crowd
This easy recipe uses canned beans and adds hamburger, bacon and brown sugar for a premium recipe for Baked Beans for a Crowd of 100.
Servings 100 servings
- 7 pounds Bush's original baked beans
- 1 3/4 pound Bush's maple bacon baked beans
- 4 pounds Red kidney beans
- 4 pounds Baby butter beans
- 4 pounds hamburger browned
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 2 pounds bacon about 3 cups cooked & chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup or a 20 ounce bottle
- 1/4 cup mustard
Brown hamburger and onions, drain well.
Cook bacon, drain well and chop.
Grease a 20 quart roaster very well, apply extra coats to the corners.
Pour meat and beans into roaster. Add remaining ingredients on top and stir well with a long handled wooden spoon.
Set to 300°F and bake in the roaster for 3 to 4 hours. Stir every hour and keep the lid on as much as possible. Turn to keep warm when the flavors have baked together well. Enjoy!
- Cooking times in a roaster can vary greatly based on the appliance and amount of food in it, a trial in your own appliance is the best way to test this recipe
- Amount of meat can be decreased and/or beans can be increased and the recipe will still taste great
- Recipe feeds 100 fairly generous servings, this big batch will feed 150 - 200 light eaters
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg